Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm Back!!!

Well here I am once again, and now I am beginning to have a personality complex. Who am I? Frenchy? Hope? Iz? Bitch? I don't know anymore! Just a few weeks ago we were rapping up Grease and now we have just ended our first week of UrineTown rehearsals. I remember at auditions wondering if I was gonna have what it takes to play (and sing) the part of Hope. I decided that no guts equals no glory and ended up getting the role. Since then, I have been transfixed on this world of human secretions. I must say, I don't think I have ever had to pee during other rehearsals as much as I do this time around. Hmmmmmm... maybe its just a subconscious Fuck you all! I can pee free!
The first week of rehearsals was rather tough. This music is incredible and very very hard to sing. Luckily, I got to work early with my voice teacher James Harr (who is always saving my ass). Thanks James! Much love. So I had somewhat of an idea about how hard the score really is. However, James and I work one on one. Try teaching this stuff to 16 people at once! Needless to say, rehearsals have been tough but our group seems to be handling it really well and I must say, we sound rather phenomenal!
The crew is really awesome. This is my second NewLine show so it doesn't have the same feel as the first. During the first, I knew NOBODY and ended up getting to know some awesome people. This time around, I know mostly EVERYBODY and I am looking forward to getting to know the few I don't. I must say though, if I had walked into rehearsals not knowing anyone, I would have been very intimidated because I am currently surrounded by some incredibly talented people. All I have to do now is buck up and try to gain status on their level. Wish me luck!

Love and Peace,
Hope

P.S. I miss you Greasers!

No comments: