Friday, April 27, 2007

Act I Finished!

As we wrap up this work week, I realized that I have not blogged at all this week. Ouch! Which means I have much to talk about. Let me preface this by saying that we blocked the entire first act in just three rehearsals. It was a lot of fun. I got to leave early Monday evening because I only had one scene I was in. I reveled in this because it will be the last time any of us get to leave rehearsal before 9:30 for the rest of the show. I took some time to read and relax thinking that Tuesday's rehearsal was going to be hard work. It was work, but not hard. It was so much fun. Khenmu, Trishia, Miller and I stayed until about ten working on the big smoochie smoochie scene. It was so interesting getting to work just the three of us (Miller, Khenmu and myself with Trishia watching) on this scene. I guess its because the last part I played was such an ensemble role. The intimacy really allowed me to watch Scott at work and to see how his thought process spun in his head.
Working with Khenmu on this was so much fun. It was nice to have this be the third show we have been involved in together because I feel that we already have a unique bond. I think are characters seem comfortable and relaxed around each other, not forced. The scene so far is very fun to play and I think it will keep developing into more fun and creativity throughout rehearsals.
Yesterday we ran the Act I finale. I was expecting a very exhausting night based solely on the understanding that the music for this show is quite exhausting and the Act I finale is one of the most complicated pieces. Instead, we had a fantastic rehearsal that I thought was so much fun! I did roll my ankle though and my shin muscles are a little sore because of it today. Nevertheless, I cannot wait to run the entire act on Monday and to see the speechless audience on opening night after Act I finishes. I don't want to give too much away but I will say that it involves murder, mayhem, betrayal and love. OOOOOOO!
Sunday we choreograph "Run, Freedom, Run" with me tied up in a chair. Hee hee! I think Scott gave me this role because he knows how much I like to be tied up. Hmmmmm.... Oh! And I get to see the Greasers on Saturday! Yeah!

Toodles,
~H C

No comments: